Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Realta

I actually finished this last week but I just haven't had the chance to post it. This is the same pattern as the Realta afghan, but done in worsted weight yarn and in more demure colours. It's destined for my new niece as a ... um, what do you call them? Blankets that you plonk gently lay babies on so they can flail around wave their little limbs about? Let's just call it an extra thick blanket for the sofa or the floor.

Anyway, same pattern, different colour combination:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those colors. I'm thinking shades of purple would also be gorgeous. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Lovely.
And so differently looking from the "original" pattern. At first sight, you wouldn't believe that it's the same one.
I'm so much looking forward to the one I'll be doing somewhen in the future when all craftsmen have left the house, when water is running where it should :-)), all walls are closed and tiled again, and all that nasty dust is gone, all clean and tidy.......

Brigitte

Sara said...

It's really beautiful - lovely colours and lovely pattern. Looks like you got some sunshine that day too?

Voie de Vie said...

Love, love, love that motif work!

Rain said...

Just became an official follower-although have had u on my favorites for several months and check in frequently!! Have made your pattern--kitty cat design twice-a baby one and a huge one for my daughter-who has SIX cats!! Made in in all the colors of her cats!!~plus some wild colors thrown in-purple-hot pink & aqua!! Nice to be official follower-love your work and humor!!